Saturday, October 8, 2011

Planks a Lot with Wild at Heart & Violet Orchid Microglitter

I got tipwear quite soon with Planks a Lot so I just had to do something to cover it. I wasn't in the mood for removing whole manicure, so I decided to do some sponged tips. If you're looking for a tutorial, I recommend you to visit The Polished Perfectionst and her great How To: Sponged Tips Tutorial. <3

I took Color Club - Wild at Heart and sponged it on nail tip going toward the cuticle and Kiko - #278 known as Violet Orchid Microglitter (violet foil glitter with a tiny duochrome effect) mostly on the tip of my nail. It's lighter as Wild at Heart so it gives it an extra sparkle, which was imposible to capture on the photo.

Daylight
 
Sun

Essence Nail Art Protecting Base Coat
Beauty Secrets TC Fast Finish Polish Dryer
KIKO - #278 Violet Orchid Microglitter / sponged
Beauty Secrets TC Fast Finish Polish Dryer

What do you think? Do you like these kind of manicures? I really like them and they're also great for hiding tipwear so you don't have to remove your manicure few more days. :)

I just couldn't stand my pointer being more oval as others so I shorten them today. Although it wasn't so obvious but my eyes always noticed it. :/

I hope you're having a great and relaxing weekend! It's so cold here so I stayed in bed for whole day yesterday and today - perfect weather for being lazy! :P

Thanks for reading!

Xoxo,
Ivana :k

26 Comment(s):

  1. I love gradients! It is amazing with purple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, I will try to make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! I always love gradients, although I usually can't wait until I have tip wear to do one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this combination, looks perfect with the glitters :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very lovely, purple is a very beatiful color :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful... I love gradients manicures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Auuuuuuuu... ova kombinacija je predobra :L

    ReplyDelete
  8. Didn't think you could make that color look anymore gorgeous, I was wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Tera: Ty. :)

    @Aurora: Yay, you shoudl, it's so easy to make! :) Enjoy!

    @Frances: True! :D But sometimes I've tipwear same or next day so when you're lazy like me, gradient saves my manicure. xD

    @Martje: Thanks dear. :h

    @Belladona: True, one of my favorite colors. <3

    @Carolina: Thanks hun! :h

    @Maki: Hvalaaa. :h

    @KimsKie's Nails: Ty. <3

    @Angie: 8) Thanks dear! Means a lot. :h

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I must check that tutorial out, as I get tipwear really quickly. Your pointer seems fine, you really care for details :-) anyway mine tend to have a weird C curve so it's never square (or better squoval) like the others. On right hand it's even worst!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loooove sponged manis, and yours is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love gradients, and the color you used work great together !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing combo!!
    I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just found your blog! Am a new follower! I see on your wish list that you're looking for OPI ds exclusive. I have that! Want to swap? I have a swap tab on my blog with my other swap stuff! Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooooooooooo divnoooooooooooooooooooooo must have

    ReplyDelete
  17. mm that's a godo idea for hiding tip wear. i love it though so blingy

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is awesome! I love these kinds of manicures! They just look so effortlessly pretty with the gradient like that (:

    ReplyDelete
  19. danes sem sla v trst po tega kikota in ga spet niso imeli..upam da ga bom naslednjic dobila :(
    manikura je cudovita :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. ops narobe sem prebrala :) iscem kiko 255 :) ampak ta je tudi lep, si bom zapomnila stevilko :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. Olala, tole je pa zagotovo ena mojih najljubših manikur na tvojih čudovitih nohtih. Noro lepo!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you ladies for your sweet comments! Told you, gradient manicures can be really easy to make and beautiful. :P

    @maisenzasmalto: You should check it out, it's really great tutorial. :) Yap, perfectionist when it comes to my nails. :/ My right hand is also worse, I have such a weird shape of nail beds there, especially the middle finger. :/ Your shape is also very beautiful!

    @Fingers: :e

    @misaya: :D 255 z holografskim glitterjem? Ta je božanski, ga imam in se ne morem načuditi mavrici. <3

    @Ulmiel: <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here, I really apreciate every comment I get! Please do not spam my comments with the links to your blog, especially if you are here just to paste the link. Thank you for understanding!

Ivana*